Hello! I’m Stephen and I like to make cardboard costumes and props.
Today I’m making the Multiverse Travel Watch used in Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse. Who wants to come to the Spider-Verse with me?!
I’m happy with how it turned out. It looks pretty sleek and it was fun to make. I hope you guys like it and have safe travels to other dimensions!
- Across the Spider-Verse: https://amzn.to/3CPmCMF
- Computer Paper: https://amzn.to/3B8NpDP
- Chipboard (I used old cereal boxes): https://amzn.to/3omh7xE
- Corrugated cardboard: https://amzn.to/3IW9mb6
- Magnets: https://amzn.to/3CVcUbm
- Hook and Loop (ie velcro): https://amzn.to/3v6ZaHa
- Scissors: https://amzn.to/3v6srlg
- Utility blade: https://amzn.to/3orJXMV
- Glue gun: https://amzn.to/3PwdPnp
- Glue sticks: https://amzn.to/3PFlX4w
- White glue: https://amzn.to/3v2cbBK
- Modpodge: https://amzn.to/3cxgCho
- Craft Paint (black, silver, orange, red): https://amzn.to/3v4YUZ2
- Paint Brushes: https://amzn.to/3OluJnf
- Packing Tape: https://amzn.to/3XMgvCx
Steps to Make A Spider-Verse Travel Watch:
- Print out template.
- Cut pieces out of corrugated cardboard and cereal box cardboard, depending on how they are labeled on the template.
- 2 Wristband Layers
- Make sure to cut the hole for the magnet without cutting all the way through the corrugated cardboard.
- Scour the corrugated cardboard.
- Wrap around your wrist.
- Cut ends to fit.
- Hot glue velcro to the ends.
- Use white glue to glue the cereal box layer onto the corrugated layer.
- Allow it to dry.
- 2 Design Layers
- Glue corrugated pieces onto the wristband.
- Glue cereal box pieces on top of the corrugated pieces.
- Let it dry completely.
- Graphics and Screen
- Cut pieces out according to the template.
- Cover graphics in packing tape.
- Cut out.
- Push together the two blue inside graphic pieces and add tape in the center so they’re attached to each other.
- Use white glue to assemble all these pieces.
- Attach onto the wristband.
- Paint in black craft paint.
- Once that dries, paint in 2 thin layers of silver craft paint.
- Paint the big button in orange.
- Using the reference image in the template, paint on the red design on the side.
**prints out on regular US Letter paper – 8.5 x 11 inch **