The diamond weapons and tools in Minecraft are incredibly cool. I’ve made a diamond sword, pickaxe, and a few others…so today I decided to make the diamond axe! All it takes is a printer and a few pieces of cardboard.
- Computer Paper: https://amzn.to/3B8NpDP
- Corrugated cardboard: https://amzn.to/3IW9mb6
- Scissors: https://amzn.to/3v6srlg
- Utility blade: https://amzn.to/3orJXMV
- White glue: https://amzn.to/3v2cbBK
- Craft paint (black): https://amzn.to/3v4YUZ2
- Paint Brushes: https://amzn.to/3OluJnf
- Masking Tape: https://amzn.to/3Pv8RaG
* Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. Thank you! *
- Print out the template.
- Glue together a stack of 2, 3, or 4 layers of corrugated cardboard (I like the thickness of 3 layers).
- Trace or glue Page 1 onto the corrugated cardboard stack.
- Use a utility blade to carefully cut out the shape of the diamond axe.
- Cover all the edges with masking tape.
- Cut the corners of the masking tape and bend each little flap down. See video for a demonstration.
- Paint edges with black craft paint. Allow the paint to dry.
- Cut out the colored pages of the template.
- Glue onto the cardboard axe. Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Flip over and repeat step 8. Allow the glue to dry.
**prints out on one page of regular computer paper (8.5×11 inch)**